20Aug2015

Immediate Healing Dentures

Immediate Dentures Immediate dentures are a good treatment choice for many people. Immediate full or partial dentures are made before teeth are extracted. Then on the same day that the teeth are removed the finished dentures are inserted. Immediate dentures are different from regular dentures in that the final impressions are made before some or all of the teeth that are to be removed are extract

Read More
05Aug2015
The Beauty of Being Pain-Free Thumbnail

The Beauty of Being Pain-Free

The Practice of Dr. Stephen Durham Neuromuscular Dentures  The Beauty of Being Pain-Free Dentures are sometimes the solution for people who have lost the strength and structure of their own teeth.  But today people who get dentures often find greater relief than they imagined. Today’s dentures offer advances over what people might have grown to expect, and the improvement in ap

Read More
17Jun2015
A Quick Look Into Comprehensive Dentistry Thumbnail

A Quick Look Into Comprehensive Dentistry

Comprehensive Dentistry    Dental Health and Whole Health  The mouth is where your body meets the outside world up close.  It’s where we eat, speak and at least partly where we breathe.  So nature gives us elaborate defenses there.  Some of those defenses are tough, like the enamel on the surface of the teeth.  And some are delicate, like the margins between the teeth and

Read More
28May2015
“Why do I have to have my teeth cleaned so often?” Thumbnail

“Why do I have to have my teeth cleaned so often?”

Question: "Why do I have to have my teeth cleaned so often?" Answer: Your daily brush and floss routine only removes up to 65% of the plaque and bacteria on your teeth. Your hygienist will clean your teeth every 3-6 months depending on your gum condition and is able to remove the remaining 35% that you have missed! If this is not removed the plaque and bacteria eventually hardens into tarter wh

Read More
05May2015
Sedation Dentistry………..Or Just Wake Me When It’s Over Thumbnail

Sedation Dentistry………..Or Just Wake Me When It’s Over

Sedation Dentistry...........Or Just Wake Me When It’s Over It is so important to be comfortable and confident about getting the care you need that sedation dentistry is getting more and more attention today. Sedation is a reasonable way to relieve anxiety and make it easier to get the dental health care you need.  There are different kinds and levels of sedation to match each patien

Read More
28Apr2015
“What have my teeth got to do with my airway?” Thumbnail

“What have my teeth got to do with my airway?”

  Not very much, BUT, your airway can have a major impact on your teeth. Having a good, open upper airway and being able to breathe feels through your nose with your mouth closes provides the most efficient means of breathing and obtaining oxygen. It is also extremely important to the development of a well-formed oral environment, including the spacing and alignment of the teeth and ja

Read More